University of Pennsylvania and Penn Medicine: Facts and Figures
funded by Penn Medicine
Office of Inclusion, Diversity
& Equity anchor programs
Students served by
- George Jabboure Netto Named Pathology & Laboratory Medicine Chair March 28, 2023 George Jabboure Netto, MD, an internationally recognized physician-scientist specializing in genitourinary pathology and molecular genetic pathology, has been named chair of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at Penn Medicine.
- $2.5 Million Grant Supports Specialized Geriatric Cancer Care March 23, 2023 The Penn Medicine Princeton Cancer Center received a $2.5 million grant from the Bristol Myers Squibb Foundation to help fund an innovative program to ensure holistic, patient-centered care for older adults with cancer.
- Penn Researchers Identify Key Mechanism of Kidney Disease March 22, 2023 Penn researchers identified changes in NAD metabolism in both mouse and human kidneys. The study team hopes that their research will serve as a springboard for the development of new pharmaceuticals to prevent and treat kidney disease.
- Potential Strategy to Improve T Cell Therapy in Solid Tumors March 15, 2023 Simultaneously knocking out two inflammatory regulators offers a “one-two punch” to enhance T cell potency, according to a new preclinical study. The approach demonstrates promise to improve T cell therapy in solid tumors.
- Birth Complications Tied to Death Risk Decades Later March 14, 2023 Complications from pregnancy and childbirth have led to high death rates among people who have given birth in the United States. A new study shows that these complications can have deadly implications as long as 50 years later.
Use arrow keys to view news
Use arrow keys to view events
Are We Undertreating Pain-A Review of the CDC 2022 Opioid Prescription Guidelines in the Context of Otolaryngology.
Xu K, Sangal NR, Chao TN JAMA otolaryngology-- head & neck surgery. 2023 Mar 30
Association of Preexisting Heart Failure With Outcomes in Older Patients With Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.
Upshaw JN, Nelson J, Rodday AM, Kumar AJ, Klein AK, Konstam MA, Wong JB, ... JAMA cardiology. 2023 Mar 29
Human habit neural circuitry may be perturbed in eating disorders.
Wang AR, Kuijper FM, Barbosa DAN, Hagan KE, Lee E, Tong E, Choi EY, ... Science translational medicine. 2023 Mar 29;15(689):eabo4919
Intrinsic activity development unfolds along a sensorimotor-association cortical axis in youth.
Sydnor VJ, Larsen B, Seidlitz J, Adebimpe A, Alexander-Bloch AF, Bassett DS, Bertolero MA, ... Nature neuroscience. 2023 Mar 27
Targeting the mevalonate pathway suppresses ARID1A-inactivated cancers by promoting pyroptosis.
Zhou W, Liu H, Yuan Z, Zundell J, Towers M, Lin J, Lombardi S, ... Cancer cell. 2023 Mar 16
Use arrow keys to view publications