At PENN Medicine we define ourselves by our service to our community. We recognize that as a vital part of Philadelphia we have a responsibility to help improve the lives and communities that need us most.
Our responsibilities - and our commitment - take many forms. From partnering with neighborhood schools to operating free neighborhood health clinics, from working to reduce gun violence to conducting free AIDS testing and blood pressure screenings, the physicians, nurses, students, and staff of PENN Medicine show - every day - that they are a living, vibrant, and committed part of the community. One by one they share their knowledge and their ethic of service with countless individuals who have nowhere else to turn.
In addition to dozens of targeted initiatives, PENN Medicine steps into the breach by delivering over $100 million annually in charity and underfunded high-quality, compassionate care to Medicaid families and those without insurance.
Community Efforts and Initiatives
- Barbara and Edward Netter Center for Community Partnerships
- Bridging the Gaps
- Center of Excellence in Environmental Toxicology
- Center for Public Health Initiatives
- Department of Family Medicine and Community Health
- Office of Inclusion, Diversity and Equity
- Office of Outreach Education and Research
- Science Meets Community